Monday, August 17, 2009

Rose Coloured Glasses

So, admittedly I left for my second workout of the day in a bit of a grumpy mood. As I rode out to the west and came to the top of the Springbank hill, my mood changed. It was warm (ish) out, the sun was shining bright, the mountains looked enormous, the sky was bluer than blue and the rolling fields were a lush green--it cheered me up instantly! I rode on in bliss for a little while longer when I realized that everything seemed brighter and happier cause I left my 'racer red' lenses in my Rudy Project sun glasses after my last ride--it was cold and grey that day. Then I remembered that I used to use this trick back in my swimming days...I had my 'happy goggles' they were red or yellow ones that I saved for those days when I needed a little extra motivation to get in the pool. I may never take my red lenses out...

The cool weather inspired me to go to the farmers market and make a stew last week. It was yummy.
You know you've had a good few days of training when your dish drying rack contains this many water bottles!
An update on the latest plan:
Racing the Kelowna ITU points race on the weekend. Just to keep myself sharp, no rest before this one! Then I leave for Australia on Aug 27th for my final prep before the World Champs Finale. I'll be returning to Noosa for a week and half, so I'm super excited!
That's all for now, if you need a little pick-me-up, I recommend 'racer red'....
Lisa

1 comment:

Hua said...

Stew looks yummy! Good luck on the World Champs Final!! I will be cheering for you!