Wednesday, August 12, 2009

By The Numbers

Since I'm experiencing a wee bit of writers block for my blog, I'll doing something one of the local papers here does in the sport section. It's called 'by the numbers'; I'll sum up my last week by the numbers that tell the tale....

1327--distance in kilometers from Calgary to Winnipeg.

0--the hours/minutes/seconds I spent on the internet, checking e-mails, watching TV last week at the beach.

2/3--games of Crib won by me after Richard taught me how to play.

3--significant wildlife spotting's in the last week & 1/2. 2 bald eagles, one in Calgary and one in Victoria beach (fighting an osprey!) and 1 brown-coloured black bear crossing the road during one of rides in Vic Beach!

77--meters to the top of the Golden Boy's torch on the top of the Winnipeg Legislature Building.

2--place I finished at the Victoria Beach 5k run...the girl who won totally ran behind me and then sprinted the last 400m (normally my tactic)...I just ate a bowl of bran flakes and was in no mood for sprinting! I don't recommend a high fiber breakie before running a 'fun run'....makes it not so fun!!

3--pictures summing up my little break:
Richard on one of the many Victoria Beach glacial erratics...Precambrian shield rock!
Phone booth in the woods...ahh...love the beach life!
The golden boy at 77m high...
4.5--weeks until the ITU World Championships Grand Finale on the Gold Coast, Australia!
Back to work for me!
Lisa

No comments: