Well, after a short but sweet Christmas break, I've been on 'Christmas training camp' with my swim group. I've been relegated to the back of the distance lane or the D lane. When I swam, I avoided the D lane, it wasn't somewhere I ever wanted to venture...it only meant longer sets and swimming more meters....funny how things turn out!
Here is how to tell if you've been swimming too much lately:
- You've swam a total of 31km in 3 days
- Sometimes when you try to go fast, you can't feel if your arms are moving!
- Half way through the workout you daydream about how good your Powerbar is going to taste
- After workout you are so hungry that you HAVE to eat your Powerbar in the shower...gross I know, but I was beyond hungry
- You aren't sure you'll be able to hold onto the steering wheel while driving home after practise
- You've stopped showering between workouts, there just doesn't seem to be a point & Richard doesn't seem to mind the chlorine smell
- Because of the above, you have also ceased to brush your hair, again, no point
- This is how you feel after 3 heavy days of swimming:
Happy New Year everyone!