I stole this idea from another Triathletes blog. Apparently it's something that is going around Facebook (I wouldn't know since I don't 'do' Facebook). Since I seem to only know how to post about how much winter sucks, I thought this might be fun instead! You just google your name+likes, ex. Lisa likes... and see what comes up. I didn't click on any of the links though...
First here is an actual list of what 'Lisa likes about winter'...trying to be positive here!!
Lisa likes....(about winter)...
- crisp, clear blue Alberta skies when I am out running, no lack of sunshine here in the winter!
- the view of the snow capped mountains to the west during the clear days.
- Right after a big snowfall when everything is covered in white.
- kicking off the snowy-slushy-dirty buildup on my car mud flaps (if you live in a cold climate, you know what I mean!)
- all the winter sports I've put on hold the last few years (so I don't injure myself!), backcountry skiing, downhill, tobogganing, ect.
- wearing my wool socks and sweaters that were put away last spring
- that moment when you notice that the days are getting longer....it happened to me a few weeks ago after leaving the oval after a run workout. It made me smile!
Now my googled 'Lisa likes....'
- Lisa likes to woogie
- Lisa likes Rock N' Roll lyrics
- Lisa likes Bon Jovi
- Lisa likes my shovel skills
- Lisa likes London and lunch and lullabies
- Lisa likes Blue Duck Tavern
- Lisa likes to have fun outside (this is true!)
- Lisa likes the banana pancakes
Not sure what a woogie is and not really a fan of Bon Jovi but I think I like the rest! I'll have to find this Blue Duck Tavern!
Training is going well. I'm onto a recovery week....finally a couple days were I don't have to run!! My legs need a break after 2 big weeks back to back! I officially finished off at NuVista last week, so I guess I'm officially an unemployed triathlete-bum! Excellent!
7 more days (onto single digits now!!)