Monday, September 3, 2007

Not the best start...

Looking back to the swim start in Hamburg....

Well, my races here didn't exactly start off the way I wanted them too! After a just under a week over in Europe I raced in Hamburg at the World Championships.


The swim was crowed and chaotic as usual and I found myself a bit further back than I had been expecting, especially since my swim has been improving the last few weeks. I hustled through transition and found myself in good company (with strong cyclists) but there was a crash within the first 2k--I narrowly avoided that one! We worked our way up to become the chase pack and closed the gap to 1min. Onto the run my leg was hurting right away. I toughed it out for 5k hoping is would loosen up but it didn't. I made the decision to pull out of the race going onto the 3rd lap so I wouldn't further injury myself.


It was a but disappointing since I have never DNF'd a race (unless it was planned), so I was quite upset after this one! I guess I have look at the positives; I had a solid bike (fastest split time) and I made a smart decision. Next steps; Figure out the leg thing (for good this time) the new game plan for the upcoming races and training.
Have a good long weekend!
Lisa

No comments: