Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Finally!

Just a quick update: This past weekend I raced an ITU Continental Cup points race in Kelowna. The weather was perfect--exactly like what I raced and trained in in Europe--Cold and rainy! The swim went well, I was able to draft off Jill Savage (Canadian National team member and Olympian) and went onto the bike with her. We biked together (she was not running due to injury) and were joined by a Japanese athlete who managed to work her way up to us (somewhat illegally...). Our lead was extended by a further 2 minutes going onto the run. I was able to come out of transition first and comfortably run in for the win! My first win at an ITU points race! I will post some pictures as soon as I can find some--my entire family, minus Bry and the Shags, were out to cheer me on--one of them must have taken a picture or two??

Now I am back home getting ready for my trip back to Europe. World Champs September 1st! Watch it live on www.triathlon.org (it might be early in the morning though!). Next post will probably be from the Netherlands!

Later--I've got a tire to change!
Lisa

3 comments:

Louie said...

Congratulations on your win Lisa! You're awesome.
Louie & Shan

Astrid said...

CONGRATS LISA - That is so awesome ... it must feel fabulous!

Kristen said...

Hey Lisa,
I'm so proud of all that you are doing. I wish I could have seen you in Kelowna. Hurry up and kick some butt so we can go hang out for a tea and stuff - we miss you around here. We'll be working on the next Team Lisa t-shirt design for Beijing!
Kristen, Ben, Brock and Dave