Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Summer Do-Over!

Mother nature has been kind to us in Calgary the last few days!! Fall is my absolute favourite time of the year and it is much better when it's 24-26 degrees outside! Since I still can't be in the pool full-time (getting there, really did a number on my shoulder!), I've pulled out my commuter bike for some urban exploring. It's a cyclo-cross with full fenders, a pannier rack, and a bell, not light-weight what so ever! Since the local pathway speed limit is only 20km/hr, it's a good thing my bike is not built for speed!! Today, I'm hitting the pathways and circumnavigating Calgary! Love it!

The Weaselhead Flats in SW Calgary, where the Elbow feeds into the Glenmore drinking water reservoir:
Beautiful Fall colours and not a cloud in the sky!
Fish Creek Provincial Park. Canada's largest urban park, it's bigger than Vancouver's Stanley Park. In the 16 years I've lived here, I've probably only made it to the park 3 times!! Such a shame! It takes me about the same time to bike there as it would to drive down there!
More fall colours! One of the hills on the 70.3 run course.
Shaggy and I went for a walk along the Bow River to enjoy the weather. He swam up a storm! He absolutely loves to swim but had to take a big nap after!
Mr. Shags, playing some tug-o-war with his Frisbee.

Well, I have to pack up my lunch and water for my epic ride around Calgary! Going to be 25 today!

Love it!

Lisa

1 comment:

Lisa Ulrich said...

I am loving this beautiful fall weather too! It was 25 or above every day this week here! I have never biked outside this late in the year before.